Are you fed up with the current direction in Knox County? Do you believe or know you can do better? Well now you can challenge the status quo!
The Presidential Preference Primary (PPP) is held on the first Tuesday in March every four years (2020, 2024, etc.) The Knox County Primary election in these years is held in conjunction with the PPP. *if you are like Larsen Jay and question internet bloggers, here is where the FACTS come from.
Here are the Knox County offices on the ballot March 3, 2020, Monday October 14, 2020 you can pick up a petition for any of these positions, secure 25 signatures of registered voters in your district. Appoint a Treasurer before asking for, receiving any money and/or spending any election expenditures.
If you know of potential candidates. If you are a potential candidate, post a comment below and I will add you to the list.
- County Commission, District 1 Evelyn Gill Current Incumbent
- County Commission, District 2 Michelle Carringer, Current Incumbent
- County Commission, District 4 Hugh Nystrom, Current Incumbent, One opponent Keith Britt is raising money.
- County Commission, District 5 John Schoonmaker, Current Incumbent
- County Commission, District 6 Brad Anders is not eligible for re-election. Rob Voigt and School Board Member Terry Hill are currently raising money for Commission
- County Commission, District 8 Richie Beeler, Current Incumbent
- County Commission, District 9 Carson Dailey, Current Incumbent
- Assessor of Property John R. Whitehead, Current Incumbent that has had a successful kickoff fundraiser recently.
- County Law Director Bud Armstrong is not eligible for re-election. His Assistant Law Director David Buuck is raising money.
- School Board, District 2 (non-partisan) Jennifer Owen, Incumbent
- School Board, District 3 (non-partisan) Tony Norman, Incumbent
- School Board, District 5 (non-partisan) Susan Horn, Incumbent (two sources have told me that she is NOT running for re-election)
- School Board, District 8 (non-partisan) Mike McMillan, Incumbent is not expected to run again. It is speculated that Businessman, Carter Parent, Carter Community Youth Football Organizer Adam Brown will run.
- Knox County Public Defender is expected to be added to the ballot. Deputy Public Defender Eric Lutton is an announced Republican candidate.
Additional Offices on the ballot:
- Republican Nominee, President Donald J. Trump
- Republican Delegates at-Large
- Delegates, 2nd Congressional District
- Democratic Nominee, President (one of 25 or more currently running)
- Monday, October 14, 2019 – First day to pick up a nominating petition from Knox County Election Commission
- Thursday, December 12, 2019 at NOON – Candidate Qualifying Deadline
- Thursday, December 19, 2019 at NOON – Candidate Withdrawal Deadline
- Monday, February 3, 2020 – Final day to register to vote before election
- Wednesday, February 12, 2020 – First day of Early Voting period
- Tuesday, February 25, 2020 – Final day of Early Voting period
- Tuesday, March 3, 2020 – Election Day