When Mayor Burchett proposed cutting the travel bonus of County Commission. It was not just for the 11 Commissioners. It would have included the 9 School Board Member. You see, the Charter of Knox County states that School Board will be paid the same as County Commissioners. So, when they vote to reinstate a $300 a month travel bonus. They are also taking $32,400 out of the Knox Co Schools budget. That is the cost of an employee. You see $300 a month times 12 months is $3,600 times 9 School Board Members is $32,400. So the annual cost for the 11 Commissioners travel money is $39,600 plus the School Board Members $32,400 equals $72,000. Wake up, Knox County these people are spending real money, OUR MONEY!
- Next story Knox County Commissioners Total Compensation
- Previous story Broyles Says You Don’t Matter
- the Brian Hornback Experience Episode 92 – Will Edwards, Knox County School Board Fourth District June 27, 2022
- KCSO Resources for Commission Election? June 26, 2022
- Knox County Commission is Set to Create a NEW Tax That Can Generate $1 Million in New Money for the Government June 26, 2022
- Knox County General Sessions Court Judge Chuck Cerny Endorsed by Duncan and Burchett June 23, 2022
- The Next Knox County Criminal Court Judge Will Be? June 23, 2022